All of the
rules of the WCTL apply, subject to the following:
- Players must be
50, or reach 50 at any time during the calendar year.
- All play starts promptly at 12:30 p.m. (except at Pelham CC #3 doubles begin at 1 p.m.)
- Defaults permitted 30 minutes after the scheduled
- Each contest consists of two singles matches and three doubles matches, all best of 2 sets, with a
traditional tie-break (first to 7 points, ahead by 2) at 6-all. If sets
are split, the match will be determined by a Super Senior Tie-break (first
to 10 points, ahead by 2). However, if both players (or in Doubles, teams)
team agree before the match starts, a third and deciding set (with a traditional
tie-break at 6-all) may be substituted for the Super Senior Tie-break.
- All rules of the WCTL are applicable,
including determination of Division Championships by most team matches
won, with head-to-head competition being the deciding factor for teams
with the same record. If two or more teams tie for first place, and if
the Division Champion can not be determined by head-to-head competition
(such as Team A winning over Teams B and C), then the highest total of
individual matches (singles and doubles) won will decide.
- Match results to be phoned-in by Home Team to Dave Kaminer (684-1941)
by Sunday night.
- The Gunst Division champion may, if it desires, move up to the Lee,
in which case the last place team in the Lee Division will drop down to
the Gunst for the next season.